Ladder Information & Rules
In order to be in the ladder, you must be a Maple Ridge Tennis Club member. The fee for the ladder this year will be $20 per person. The money collected will go towards paying for the app, the remainder will go to Racquet Guys gift cards to the winner, finalist and semi-finalists. Depending on how many players enter, we may give a prize to the tournament consolation round winner and/or the person who played the most matches in the ladder this year.
You can challenge players from the app and set up your match times whenever is convenient for both parties. The winner of the match can then report the score of the match on the app after their match is complete.
It is expected that both parties bring a set of new balls to each match and you can decide between you who opens their balls. It should not be the same individual always supplying the balls.
You will call your own matches so please be fair and honest when calling balls in or out. If you are unsure, then give the opponent the call.
- The ladder will start April 22, 2023
- You may issue 2 challenge(s) at a time
- You can only be challenged by one player at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you
- You may challenge up to 5 spots above or below you
- If the person who is lower in the current ranking wins the match, they will take the spot of the person they challenged and the opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- After playing 4 matches (whether you win or lose), you will earn a wildcard. If you hold a wildcard, you may challenge anyone above you in the ladder at any ranking.
- If challenged, you will have 3 days to “Accept” or “Deny” the challenge or the challenge will be considered a “forfeit” and the challenger will be granted the win.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 4 days after the date of acceptance. If you cannot play within 4 days, simply “Deny” the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 4 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Of course, since rankings continually change, a re-challenge may not be possible.
- To be eligible for the club championship at the end of the year, you must have played a minimum of 6 matches in the ladder.
- The rankings from this ladder will determine your seed in the club championship tournament.
- The ladder rankings will be frozen on August 31, 2023 at midnight.
- The first round of the club championship tournament will be played the week of Sept. 2 to 8 as Sept. 4 is Labour Day. The remaining rounds will have a 4 day window to complete a round.
- The final will have a scheduled day and time (to be determined) so that anyone who wants to watch, can come out and watch.